As our world continues to reopen and we figure out the new normal of the moment, boaters everywhere are looking to take advantage of the built-in social distancing that life on the water provides. We’re also looking for excellent destinations, particularly those where protocols are in place designed to keep us safe while maximizing our enjoyment. It is with these things in mind that we wholeheartedly encourage you to experience Stock Island Marina Village in Key West. Please read on to see why we love it and why we think you’ll love it, particularly now.
And be sure to see their Peace Of Mind Promise further down the page.
ruisers are often asked, “what’s your favorite destination?” It’s a question very few can answer as there are so many different reasons why we all enjoy the variety of places we visit. But we most certainly all have our list of favorites. Every so often we are lucky enough to come upon a marina that ticks off so many boxes of what we believe makes a destination truly great. In our opinion, Stock Island Marina Village simply knocks it out of the park as a world-class marina in a resort setting with a casual vibe and a cool culture – just the way we like it. On our first visit, we came for a month and stayed for two. Now it is a regular part of our south Florida cruising adventures and our home for much of the winter.
We feel so strongly about “SIMV” not just as a Key West destination, but as a destination unto itself, that it’s the first marina we have entered into a select partnership with. We have found that so many cruisers we meet seek out the same kinds of experiences as us and if we can better help spread the word about places we love, we believe it can help make life on the water more enjoyable for everyone. It’s important for you to know that our obvious enthusiasm for SIMV predates our entering into a select partnership with them, and continues to the moment.
MAKE IT YOUR NEXT GREAT DESTINATION!
WHY WE LOVE IT, BOATER-TO-BOATER...
Reserve Your Stay At Stock Island Marina
Stock Island Marina Village offers both transient and long-term boat slip rentals for vessels up to 450’ with zero overhead obstructions. All dockage reservations at Stock Island Marina Village are processed through Dockwa – use the form below to request your slip. You can also always call the dock office to make a reservation at 305-294-2288 and they will process it through Dockwa on your behalf. Whether by phone or in your Dockwa reservation notes, please be sure to tell them that OLOH sent you!
Stock Island Marina Village’s Peace Of Mind Promise:
From the Stock Island Marina Village staff and management: At Stock Island Marina Village and The Perry Hotel Key West, our guest’s health, safety, and overall experience has always, and will continue to be, our top priority. While vacationing at our one-of-a-kind destination, we promise you will not only see, hear, and feel the steps we’re taking to safeguard your Key West getaway – you’ll experience it firsthand – so you can spend your time and energy focusing on creating extraordinary memories with your loved ones.
- Cleaning crews are increasing the frequency of disinfecting routines, and sanitization stations have been placed throughout the property
- Social distancing is easy across our 40-acre property and protocols have been implemented at all on-site restaurants
- Takeout options are available at our poolside bars, and the ship store is offering curbside pickup and delivery of provisions to your vessel.
For much more, please click here.
News From Stock Island Marina Village
- This summer for Florida residents they’re waiving their 35′ minimum vessel length through August 30th (some blackout dates do apply).
- You have to check two great new features on the property – the super-cool Arcimotos (a really fun way to experience the area) and the excellent onsite distillery which has tours and tastings!
- Here are some of the amenity changes currently in place due to COVID-19:
- Matt’s – currently offering dine-in breakfast from 8-11:30am daily
- Salty Oyster Bar – open 11am-8pm
- Hotel and pools operating at 75% occupancy.