As we continue to figure out the new normal of the moment, boaters everywhere are looking to take advantage of the built-in social distancing that life on the water provides. We’re also looking for excellent destinations, particularly those where protocols are in place designed to keep us safe while maximizing our enjoyment. It is with these things in mind that we wholeheartedly encourage you to experience Stock Island Marina Village in Key West. Please read on to see why we love it and why we think you’ll love it, particularly now.
And be sure to see their Peace Of Mind Promise further down the page.
Cruisers are often asked, “what’s your favorite destination?” It’s a question very few can answer as there are so many different reasons why we all enjoy the variety of places we visit. But we most certainly all have our list of favorites. Every so often we are lucky enough to come upon a marina that ticks off so many boxes of what we believe makes a destination truly great. In our opinion, Stock Island Marina Village simply knocks it out of the park as a world-class marina in a resort setting with a casual vibe and a cool culture – just the way we like it. On our first visit, we came for a month and stayed for two. Now it is a regular part of our south Florida cruising adventures and our home for much of the winter.
We feel so strongly about “SIMV” not just as a Key West destination, but as a destination unto itself, that it’s the first marina we have entered into a select partnership with. We have found that so many cruisers we meet seek out the same kinds of experiences as us and if we can better help spread the word about places we love, we believe it can help make life on the water more enjoyable for everyone. It’s important for you to know that our obvious enthusiasm for SIMV predates our entering into a select partnership with them, and continues to the moment.
Learn all about Stock Island Marina Village from the point of view of true cruisers by clicking here.
News From Stock Island Marina Village
Congratulations to The Perry Hotel Key West for being named one of only two Florida Keys properties on the 2020 World’s Best Awards list for Top 15 Resort Hotels in Florida by Travel + Leisure. Well done and very well-deserved!
- You can now charge items straight to your vessel. With a confirmed Dockwa reservation you now have the capability to charge fuel, ice, bait, beer, and more to the credit card on file, making for a seamless, convenient, and contactless payment option.
- You have to check two great new features on the property – the super-cool Arcimotos (a really fun way to experience the area) and the excellent onsite distillery which has tours and tastings!
- Here are some of the amenity changes currently in place due to COVID-19:
- Matt’s – Dinner will be served every Friday – Sunday from 6-10pm with new options and old favorites. Reservations are required.
- Salty Oyster Bar – now with new menu items – open 11am-8pm.
- Pools limited to 50% occupancy with guest sanitizing stations and daily disinfecting.
- There are great options for holding your holiday parties and events – 11 waterfront venues can be customized for any sized gathering while ensuring social distancing is possible.