Boaters everywhere continue to take advantage of the built-in social distancing that life on the water provides. We’re also looking for excellent destinations, particularly those where protocols are in place designed to keep us safe while maximizing our enjoyment. It is with these things in mind that we wholeheartedly encourage you to experience Stock Island Marina Village in Key West. Please read on to see why we love it and why we think you’ll love it, particularly now.
Cruisers are often asked, “what’s your favorite destination?” It’s a question very few can answer as there are so many different reasons why we all enjoy the variety of places we visit. But we most certainly all have our list of favorites. Every so often we are lucky enough to come upon a marina that ticks off so many boxes of what we believe makes a destination truly great. In our opinion, Stock Island Marina Village simply knocks it out of the park as a world-class marina in a resort setting with a casual vibe and a cool culture – just the way we like it. On our first visit, we came for a month and stayed for two. Now it is a regular part of our south Florida cruising adventures and our home for much of the winter.
We feel so strongly about “SIMV” not just as a Key West destination, but as a destination unto itself, that it’s the first marina we have entered into a select partnership with. We have found that so many cruisers we meet seek out the same kinds of experiences as us and if we can better help spread the word about places we love, we believe it can help make life on the water more enjoyable for everyone. It’s important for you to know that our obvious enthusiasm for SIMV predates our entering into a select partnership with them, and continues to the moment.
Learn all about Stock Island Marina Village from the point of view of true cruisers by clicking here.
Book your stay at Stock Island Marina Village today!
News From Stock Island Marina Village
The Stock Shop is now open! Stock Island Marina Village’s new market is open daily from 7am-7pm. It’s an easy way to stock up on all your provisions for your day out on the water or shop for snacks, soft drinks, beer, wine, sunscreen and other necessities. Details here.
The F45 Studio workout experience is now at Stock Island Marina Village It features everything you need including bench, step-up, weights, kettlebells, pull up bar, ropes and full screen tv for live or on-demand workouts. You’ll find more info here.
Are you like us and love having fresh flowers on board? Then you’ll love the new, onsite Key West Bouquet Bar. Learn more about it here.
In more great news…
- The beloved Happy Hours at the Salty Oyster Bar and Grill and Barrel House are back!
- Salty everyday from 4-6pm with 50% off draft beer, wine, straight pour well cocktails, and $10 food specials
- Barrel House every Friday & Saturday from 5-7pm with 50% off draft beer, wine, straight pour well cocktails, $10 food specials from Salty’s from 5-6pmWe are also happy to report that Matt’s Stock Island Kitchen & Bar’s newly formatted brunch (sans buffets) is back! Join them every Sunday from 8am-2pm. Reservations are required.
- You can charge items straight to your vessel. With a confirmed Dockwa reservation you now have the capability to charge fuel, ice, bait, beer, and more to the credit card on file, making for a seamless, convenient, and contactless payment option.
- For a really fun way to experience the area you have to check out the super-cool Arcimotos.
- Here are some of the amenity changes currently in place due to COVID-19:
- Matt’s – Dinner is served every Wednesday – Sunday from 6-10pm with new options and old favorites. Reservations are required.
- Salty Oyster Bar – now with new menu items – open 11am-8pm.
- The Barrel House bar is open every Friday – Sunday from noon – 10pm
- Pools limited to 50% occupancy with guest sanitizing stations and daily disinfecting.
- There are great options for holding your holiday parties and events – 11 waterfront venues can be customized for any sized gathering while ensuring social distancing is possible.